Friday, October 24, 2014

Little Boy Lost (3)

I haven't really read as much in this book because it is very hard to understand, so i will write about some quotes i found and analyzing it. 

Quote 1:
"All that seems to be certain is that we should each do good where it is near to us, where we can see the end of it, and then we know that something positive has been done." (Laski 17). I think this quote means to say that whenever we find an opportunity to do something good, we should do it. Then we will know that at least something positive came out of it.

Quote 2:
"He had lifted his head again and his eyes were wide open and surprisingly bright. He seemed steadily to gather energy as he roused himself for the climax of all he had come to say, the true purpose of his visit." (Laski 21). I think this quote means to say that as Pierre snapped back to reality, he figured out that his visit was for Hilary; to find the little boy.

Quote 3:
"He looked at Pierre, and then saw, with sudden pity, that Pierre was rigid with apprehension. It did not occur to him that Pierre's apprehension was for himself, for his own reception of the story." (Laski 41). I think this quote means to say that Pierre was full of worry/anxiety. But it wasn't anxiety for himself, but the story with the little boy being lost.

Stay tuned to the next post!

1 comment: