Friday, November 14, 2014

Little Boy Lost (4)

In this post, I will be writing about what the best thing in my book is and the worst thing in my book is. I will also talk about the most important line from the chapter.

The best part of my book:
I think the best part of my book is when Hilary finally decides to go look for his son. He wants to keep a memory of Lisa by taking the responsibility to look for his son. "In 1945, three years after the little boy was lost, his father came to France to look for him" (Laski 31). He revives how France used to be before the war and compares with after the war. "This was not France as he remembered it, the bombed airport, the anonymous suburban road, the British army trucks drawn up beside him." (Laski 32). I chose these two quotes to support my reasoning because I felt like Hilary took the right decision to look for his son instead of him being an orphan.

The worst part of my book:
There aren't parts in the book that are bad, except for the vocabulary. But there was one part in the beginning I didn't like about Hilary. This was when Hilary relies on Pierre to come to France to look for Hilary's son. "I hope, Hilary thought anxiously, that Pierre will be there. This France was unfamiliar..." (Laski 32). I thought this was the worst part because I thought Hilary would go by himself, independently to look for his OWN son and not to rely on someone else for help. But instead he relied on Pierre. I thought he would take a lot of courage and responsibility to go by himself. This shows that Hilary isn't that responsible and is dependent on others.

The most important line:
I thought this was the most important line so far: "He said to himself, It's been so long now since the boy was lost. I've had over two years to make myself invulnerable to emotion. I can do without comfort now. I am content to live in my memories." (Laski 33). This shows how Hilary feels sorry that his son was lost. He wants to live with his son so he can "live with his memories".

2 comments:

  1. Hey Runima! I read your blogpost and I thought it was great. I really want to read this book and learn what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice detail sound like a really good book

    ReplyDelete