In this post I'll write an update on the book, Little Boy Lost and what I think of it currently.
Update:
I'm actually not that far into my new book. I'm at part 2 where Hilary goes out to search for his son in France 3 years after he found out the little boy was lost. Pierre (a character who I didn't introduce in the 1st post), gave the letter from Lisa to Hilary and told him to go to France to search for his son. Pierre wanted to go too but Hilary denied it.
In part 2, it starts off by Hilary getting off the plane and waiting for his bus to arrive. He says, "This was not France as he remembered it, the bombed airport, the anonymous suburban road, the British army trucks drawn up beside him." (Laski 32). But fortunately, he wanted to start his life afresh by looking for his son. He was hoping for Pierre to arrive because he felt isolated and lonely. He started thinking about how he would look because the last time he saw him was right when the little boy was born. He also thought how his life would be different without Lisa or the little boy or how he would've married someone else.
What I think of it currently:
To be honest, this is a challenging book for me. It has many vocabulary words in each paragraph that make it very difficult to understand. For an example, "Hilary shivered and longed for the bus to start, cursing the formalities that had held them so long at Le Bourget, passing them one by one through an incompetent sieve of officialdom." (Laski 33). I don't know about you, but I think that was a hard line to understand. Since this book was written in 1953, I thought of how the structure of the book would be different, than books nowadays. But I think this book is still interesting, so I will continue to read it.
...Well, that's how far I got! Stay tuned till the next post!
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51bL0b8NefL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Hey Runima!
ReplyDeleteThis seems like an intriguing novel, and I agree, that sentence is quite complicated. However, it seems like a good opportunity to learn new words :) I think I might pick it up and read it! Great job :)
-Sanjana