Thursday, October 9, 2014

Little Boy Lost (1)

In this post, I will be writing about my new book, Little Boy Lost. I will write a book summary about it, why I chose this and a description of the author. 

Book Summary:
I chose a new book called Little Boy Lost. It is a historical fiction book. This is about a man name Hilary Wainright, a young, successful  English poet. Unfortunately, during the war in France, his wife died from the Gestapo but didn't know anything about his son. This book is about a dad trying to look for his son after the war was over. I'm not that far into the book, but it starts off him learning that his son was missing, that he wasn't dead. This is an excerpt from Lisa, Hilary's wife, who sent a letter to Hilary before she died:
"Hilary, you must come and save our baby. As soon as it is safe, you must come over and fetch him from Jeanne, and teach him English and make him your son." (Laski 13).

Why I chose this book:
I never liked historical fiction books because I thought it was never appealing to me. But then I wanted to try something new...something that was different than realistic fiction...something that actually happened. So my parents and I sat down and concluded that, Little Boy Lost, was the right book for me! So far, I like it!

The author:
Marghanita Laski was a well known author in the 1900s. She was an English journalist, a writer, a novelist and many more. She attended University of Oxford. Her most famous book was, Little Boy Lost. There's even a movie about the book!

[ LITTLE BOY LOST POSTER ]







                            https://www.movieposter.com/poster/MPW-19124/Little_Boy_Lost.html

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was brave of you to go out of your comfort zone and try a brand new genre to read! I have read a couple of historical fiction stories myself and I like the genre pretty good. The book you are reading sounds interesting, but how did the mom have the baby without the dad knowing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also don't usually read historical fiction, but based on your post, this book seems very interesting! Most books set in this time period focus on the war, but it seems interesting how this one focuses on the time after the war ended.

    ReplyDelete