After the sinking of the cargo ship, many things happened! A hyena, a wounded zebra and a 450 pound Bengal tiger, named Richard Parker, was on the boat. An orangutan, named Orange Juice, came floating across the water to the boat. Pi let her on. But, soon the hyena attacked the zebra and killed him. It also attacked the orangutan and killed her too. Richard Parker came out of his hiding spot and eliminated the hyena. It left Richard Parker and Pi, alone, in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. But the tiger didn't attack Pi, it sometimes got mad, but never attacked him.
In the days, Pi found some lifeboat supplies and made a raft out of them to mark his own territory. On the raft, he kept himself busy by catching rainwater and freshwater, writing in his diary, eating fish and other food and getting food and water for Richard Parker. Pi wasn't in good health. He vomited, his legs were swollen, and he had digestive problems. One day, a school of flying fish attacked the boat and left a lot of food for the hungry people. Another day, a whale from the bottom of the ocean, came up and made a big splash that amazed the two. Other days, Pi found himself training Richard Parker. He survived 277 days.
Pi found an island. "In the near distance I saw trees. I did not react. I was certain it was an illusion that a few blinks would make it disappear. The trees remained" (Martel 256). It was full of meerkats and thick vegetation. At night, he noticed that in the ponds of the island, there was freshwater and bodies of dead fish would rise and disappear. He also saw 32 teeth. A full set of human teeth. He concluded that he was on a carnivorous island. So the next day, he and Richard Parker left the island.
The met land, Mexico. That's where Pi was rescued by 6 or 7 people. But, Richard Parker left him. All these days he was with Pi, and he left him just like that. "I wept like a child. It was not because I was overcome at having survived my ordeal, though i was...I was weeping because of Richard Parker had left me so unceremoniously" (Martel 285). This led to Part 3.
In Part 3, it described 2 reporters came and asking for the story. But they didn't believe Pi. Instead Pi, replaced the animals with his family. He told the same story, but instead of animals, he described his family. But still the reporters didn't believe in him.
That's the end of my book! I would rate this book 5/5 because of how detailed and enjoying this book was! It kept me on the edge of my seat! I would recommend this book to anyone who loves fiction, animals and anyone who wants to learn a little about India! In my next post, I'll be talking about my next book.
http://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/1373107-bigthumbnail.jpg
http://i1.wp.com/www.cgmeetup.net/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Making-of-Life-of-Pi-19.jpg?resize=1024%2C576
http://reelchangedotnet.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/life-of-pi.jpg
http://www.fxguide.com/wp-content/uploads//2012/11/FlyingFish1.jpg
http://hk-magazine.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/item_image/life-of-pi-whale.jpg
http://dissectingtheframe.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/vlcsnap-2013-03-26-12h34m37s140.png?w=670
You did a really nice job of summarizing the entire book without giving away too much to those who might want to read the book or even watch the movie.
ReplyDelete