Thursday, September 11, 2014

Life of Pi (2)

In my 3rd blog post about Life of Pi, I'll be talking about the likes and dislikes of my book. I'll also talk about the vocabulary in this book.

Likes:

This is an extremely descriptive book with beautiful words. The author, Yann Martel, uses such engaging imagery to describe the setting and the people. The other thing I really like about this book so far is that, the author describes Pi's religious beliefs so much that even a person with no knowledge of religion will be able to understand. It also truly makes you feel like you are in the book right from the beginning.

Dislikes:

At this point of the book, there aren't many dislikes I have about this book. The only thing I would like the author to change is that he explains too much of his childhood and doesn't really come to the climax as quick. He takes too long to reach the "juicy" part of the story. If I had only 1 suggestion, it would be this.

Vocabulary:

Like I said before, Yann Martel uses divine words to enhance his story to another level. I would like to take the time to write some vocabulary that caught my attention.

"domesticated"
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhkJtjuZm0Dghu8RcgDq-iPY-ohcAaTMjQT2PiYoJsJKyeCuDpxAV64ljLmgba7t8EtPA9UhcA-xT0dC9soqcDFVpfEXIlor0tZZu7p7repkPyuyZVcx2p1oC6ZUxv5wxNLg3fW4tV7gyQ/s640/Life-of-Pi-Richard-Parker+(1).jpg
"subsequent"
"precisely"
"reverent"
"attributes"
"manifest"
"elusive"
"peculiar"

These are just some of the words I saw. There are numerous words just in the first few chapters.   



https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhkJtjuZm0Dghu8RcgDq-iPY-ohcAaTMjQT2PiYoJsJKyeCuDpxAV64ljLmgba7t8EtPA9UhcA-xT0dC9soqcDFVpfEXIlor0tZZu7p7repkPyuyZVcx2p1oC6ZUxv5wxNLg3fW4tV7gyQ/s640/Life-of-Pi-Richard-Parker+%281%29.jpg

1 comment:

  1. This is great Runima! I love how you divided it into sections and did vocab, likes and dislikes! It is a very unique way of setting it up. I hope to read this book soon! It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete