Thursday, September 4, 2014

Life of Pi (1)

Life of Pi 
By: Yann Martel

Synopsis:

I'm reading the Life of Pi by Yann Martel. It is a internationally best-selling novel, a winner of the Man Booker Prize and an extraordinary movie. The story is about Pi (aka Piscine Molitor Patel) taking a trip on a cargo ship but, sinks, killing his family. Pi survives on a lifeboat but he is not the only one-he's with a hyena, an injured zebra, an orangutan and a 450 pound Royal Bengal Tiger. This book takes you on a journey to the lush and wild pacific ocean with some of his so called "friends".

Why I chose this book:

I chose this book because of the many people reading this and saying it was extraordinary and a very intriguing book. One of my friends gave it to me and i thought 'why not read it for Honors English?'. So i read the first few pages of the book and immediately got engaged to it. I'm so happy that i chose this book. I've seen the movie before i read the book (and i know i shouldn't have done that) and it was miraculous! I bet the book will be even better!

 Where I am at and predictions:

At this point of the book, Pi is describing his teachers and his school (I'm not that far into the book). Even though, I've seen the movie, I predict Pi's dad will soon get his job shifted somewhere else and they will have to go on the cargo ship. That's probably the point where the ship sinks.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZEZ35Fhvuc

No comments:

Post a Comment