Preview:
I chose this book because I have heard many positive remarks on it and it is really interesting because the book is written in the point of view by a girl during the period of the Holocaust. The introduction and afterword is written by Eleanor Roosevelt. This book, written by Anne Frank, tells her life of how she and her family escaped from being occupied by the Nazis-but only for a while. They had to remain in Amsterdam in an abandoned office building, away from Holland. They were joined by other families too. They maintained that hiding place for 2 years until the Gestapo discovered they lived there. After the raid was when Anne's father found this diary. He helped publish this book. This book tells the process of how Anne and her family survived in the hiding place for 2 years.
Summary:
I am not very far into the book since I just started this. So far what happened was that she and her family escaped to Amsterdam to live in a hiding place. Few days later, the Van Daans move into the hide out. Anne describes her life in the office building and how she adapts to the new environment.
Anne Frank's writing is very detailed and is clear. You can openly understand the text and can understand her feelings and actions that take place in the book. So far, I really like this book a lot (much more than Little Boy Lost!) and I hope to keep reading it.
| Anne Frank |
http://mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/anne_writing.jpg
Great job with the preview of your book! This is similar to another book I read and seems interesting. It sounds like a good book and I will probably read it in the future.
ReplyDeleteI love reading books about the holocaust and I've been dying to read this! Great update and I've also heard so many good things about it!
ReplyDelete